Score: Chattanooga 79 – ULM 52
Teams: ULM (2-5, 0-0 SBC)
Chattanooga (6-2, 0-0 Southern)
Location: McKenzie Arena/Chattanooga, Tennessee
Chattanooga, Tenn. – The ULM Men’s basketball struggled early against a stingy Chattanooga defense ultimately falling on Saturday by the score of 79-52 in Chattanooga.
TH`E TURNING POINT
- The Mocs forced 23 Warhawk turnovers and turned them into 29 points for themselves in route to the final score.
- Sam McDaniel and Travis Munnings paced the Warhawks on Saturday with 12 points apiece. McDaniel went 6-of-11 from the floor while adding six rebounds, four of which came on the offensive glass. Munnings was 4-for-7from the floor while also making 4-of-6 from the free throw line. Munnings also grabbed six rebounds, however he picked up five of those on the defensive side of the court.
- The Mocs controlled the scoreboard throughout as after the two teams tied it at four nearly three minutes into the game. Chattanooga made it 6-4 shortly thereafter and never looked back, leading the game at one point by as much as 31 in the second half.
- Senior Nick Coppola added five points on 2-of-4 shooting and with those five points he moves to within 10 points of hitting the 1,000 point plateau.
- Freshman Sam Alabakis had a season-high seven points off the bench for ULM on 3-of-5 shooting. Alabakis' previous best was six points against Centenary in the season opening victory.
- The Warhawks continued their strong performance on the offensive glass with their fourth straight game with 12 or more offensive rebounds, led by McDaniel’s four offensive rebounds. ULM has had at least 12 offensive rebounds in six of its first seven contests, with a season high 17 coming against Texas.
- The Mocs controlled the specialty stats Saturday, as they finished with a 29-4 advantage on points off turnovers. They also led bench scoring 24-18 and second chance points 11-10.
- The Warhawks and Mocs met for the second time on Saturday afternoon as the Mocs evened the all-time series at one apiece as the Warhawks won the first matchup a year ago by score of 64-54.
- The Warhawks will be off for a week for final exams prior to the hosting Jacksonville State next Saturday, December 10 inside Fant-Ewing Coliseum at 7:00 p.m.
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
Roster | Statistics
Head Coach Keith Richard
2016-17 Quick Facts
2015-16 Media Guide | Archived Guides
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
Tickets | Sixth Man Club