MONROE, La. -- ULM (6-3, 4-1 Sun Belt) will hit the road as it travels to Jonesboro, Ark., for a Thursday night contest at Arkansas State (6-3, 4-1). The game will air on ESPNU (channel 744 [SD] and 396 [HD] - Comcast Cable [Monroe]; channel 141 - Dish Network; channel 208 - DirecTV) with kickoff officially set for 6:02 p.m.
|Setting the Stage
||ULM at Arkansas State|
||Thursday, November 8, 2012|
|Time||6:02 p.m. (CT)|
|Location||Jonesboro, Ark. (Liberty Bank Stadium)|
ESPN-U / WatchESPN
|Radio||104.1 FM (Monroe) / 1130 AM (Shreveport) / ULMWarhawks.com|
|Internet||Live Stats / Twitter: @ULMWarhawks & #WarhawkFB|
|Team Information||ULM Gameday Central | Arkansas State Football
First and Ten...
- ULM's five-game winning streak, the longest of the FBS-era (1994-pres.), ended with its 40-24 setback against UL-Lafayette... The Warhawks are now 2-2 on the season at Malone Stadium.
- The official attendence of Saturday's game was 20,203, which was the second-highest total to visit Malone Stadium for a Sun Belt Conference game (21,929 - Oct. 4, 2008 vs. ULL).
- Despite the loss against ULL, ULM remained in the polls for the ninth consecutive week as the squad garnered four votes in the USA Today/Coaches Poll released Sunday.
- Brent Leonard set a new career-high with 168 receiving yards against ULL... His 168 receiving yards are the most by a ULM receiver in the Todd Berry era... Leonard's receiving total is also the highest in the Sun Belt this season.
- Brent Leonard tied the team high with 11 receptions vs. ULL... Earlier this season, Leonard made 11 catches in the 34-31 overtime win over Arkansas... With his 167 career grabs, he is now just one reception shy of moving into a tie for fourth in school history.
- Kolton Browning connected with Tavarese Maye for an 81-yard TD in the first quarter against ULL... It was the longest play from scrimmage for ULM this season and it is tied for the second-longest pass completion in the conference in 2012... The 81-yard hookup between Browning and Maye is tied for the ninth-longest pass play in program history.
- Before leaving the ULL contest with an injury (first quarter), Kolton Browning was 5-for-7 for 124 yards and one touchdown... He also rushed for 24 yards on two carries.
- Kolton Browning was replaced by Cody Wells and Wells finished the game against the Ragin Cajuns with 209 passing yards (18 completions, 31 attempts) with two touchdowns and two interceptions... Wells' TD passes were to Je'Ron Hamm (19 yards - 2nd quarter) and Brent Leonard (22 yards - 4th quarter).
- Henry Mitchell, making his second consecutive start, recorded a career high 16 tackles (11 solo, 5 asst) against ULL... Mitchell also recorded his first career forced fumble and added one quarterback hurry... Rob'Donovan Lewis and Vincent Eddie added nine and eight tackles, repectively.
- Against ULL, Malcolm Edmond recorded his first career solo sack while Hunter Kissinger recorded his second sack of the season.
- Justin Manton finished 1-for-2 on FG attempts against the Ragin Cajuns... He was unsuccessful on a 45-yard attempt with 3:39 remaining in the first, but connected on a 23-yard attempt with :48 seconds left in the first quarter... He averaged 46.2 yards on five punts (four inside the 20 and one touchback) against ULL... It is the second-highest punting average during the Todd Berry era... Manton also kicked off four tims with a 57.5 yard average and one touchback.
- Justin Manton set a new ULM single-season record as he hit his 33rd consecutive PAT in the 2nd quarter at WKU... He broke his own consecutive PATs in a season mark of 32, which he set as a rookie in 2011... On the year, Manton is 45-for-45 and dating back to last season, he has hit 47 straight PATs.
Thursday night's matchup between ULM and Arkansas State is the 34th meeting all-time between the two schools. The Red Wolves lead the all-time series, 19-14 and hold an 11-5 advantage in Jonesboro.
Another Big Game
Brent Leonard finished with 11 receptions for a career-best 168 yards in ULM's 40-24 loss to UL-Lafayette on Nov. 3. His 168 yards are the most in the Sun Belt this season and are the most by a ULM receiver during the Todd Berry era. His 11 grabs match the season high he set in the 34-31 overtime win over Arkansas on Sept. 8.
Cody Wells took over signal calling duties on ULM's third offensive series as he replaced an injured Kolton Browning. Wells finished the game 18-of-31 for 209 yards with two TDs and two interceptions. He connected with Je'Ron Hamm in the second quarter for a 19-yard score and with Brent Leonard in the fourth quarter for a 22-yard score.
Mitchell Sets Career High
Making just his second career start, Henry Mitchell recorded a career-best 16 tackles against UL-Lafayette. He finished with 11 solo stops and five assisted tackles, while recording one quarterback hurry and his first career forced fumble.
Defense Quick Hits: UL-Lafayette
Against UL-Lafayette, Henry Mitchell recorded a career-best 16 tackles while Rob'Donovan Lewis and Vincent Eddie added nine and eight tackles, respectively. Mitchell also forced a fumble which was recovered by R.J. Young. Young finished the game with eight tackles including one tackle for loss. Malcolm Edmond and Hunter Kissinger each recorded a sack in the contest.
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
Head Coach Matt Viator | Coaching Staff
Sun Belt Standings | Sun Belt Stats
2016 Quick Facts
2016 Signing Day Central
2016 Signing Day Roster
Depth Chart (2016 Week 12)
2016 Game Notes
JPS Field at Malone Stadium
Tickets | The Grove
ULM in the NFL Draft