MONROE, La. -- The ULM football team will close out the 2012 home slate Saturday afternoon when it hosts North Texas at 3 p.m. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to Malone Stadium as 13 seniors will be honored prior to kickoff.
|Setting the Stage
||ULM (6-4, 4-2) vs. North Texas (4-6, 3-3)|
||Saturday, November 17, 2012|
|Time||3 p.m. (CT)|
|Location||Monroe, La. (Malone Stadium)|
|Radio||104.1 FM (Monroe) / 92.1 FM (Shreveport) / ULMWarhawks.com|
|Internet||Live Stats / Twitter: @ULMWarhawks & #WarhawkFB|
|Team Information||ULM Gameday Central | North Texas Football
First and Ten...
- After starting the conference season 4-0, the Warhawks have lost their last two Sun Belt games (L, 24-40, UL-Lafayette; L, 23-45, at Arkansas State).
- ULM owns a 15-13 advantage over North Texas... The Warhawks own a 10-4 advantage at Malone Stadium and ULM has won the last three meetings in Monroe.
- At Arkansas State, Cody Wells set new career highs in completions (37), attempts (53) and passing yards (357)... Wells also threw two touchdown passes as he made his third career start (first since RS-Freshman campaign ).
- Monterrell Washington recorded his first career TD reception with a 27-yard pass from Cody Wells in the first quarter at Arkansas State... Washington finished with four receptions for 46 yards and one score... He also rushed 12 times for 62 yards and one TD.
- Brent Leonard set a new career-high with 14 receptions at Arkansas State... He is the first receiver to tally 14 or more receptions in a single game since Jackie Harris made a school-record 16 receptions against Lamar on Oct. 29, 1988... His 14 receptions also pushed his season reception total to 76 which is a new season-high for the native of Keller, Texas (previous high: 69, 2011).
- Brent Leonard's 14 receptions catapulted him from one reception from the top-five in school-history to sole possession of second place with 181 career grabs... The former walk-on trails only Mack Vincent who made 203 catches from 2000-03... Leonard also went over the 2,000 yard mark for his career and is just 83 yards from moving into the top five in school-history.
- Brent Leonard surpassed the 100-yard plateau for the third consecutive game (and fourth time this season) with 134 receiving yards at Arkansas State (100 yard receiving games: 112 vs. Arkansas, Sept. 8; 126 vs. South Alabama, Oct. 27; 168 vs. UL-Lafayette, Nov. 3).
- Cordero Smith led the Warhawks with a career-best 12 tackles at Arkansas State... Rob'Donovan Lewis finished with nine tackles including assisting on a tackle for loss... Ray Stovall added seven tackles and one tackle for loss.
- Henry Mitchell halted an Arkansas State drive late in the first half with his second career interception... He returned the interception 18 yards (career-long).
- Against the Red Wolves, Cortney Davis returned three kickoffs for 69 yards including a long of 30 yards.
- At Arkansas State, Tyler Cain registered a career-long return of 38 yards on his only kickoff return of the game.
- Justin Manton hit his fourth FG of the season with a successful 37-yard attempt in the second quarter at Arkansas State.
- Justin Manton's consecutive PAT streak ended at 49 straight as his slipped on his final attempt at Arkansas State... He was just six PATs shy of tying the ULM school record (55, Rob Tallent, 1989-91).
Saturday afternoon's match-up between ULM and North Texas will be the 29th meeting all-time between the two schools. ULM owns a 15-13 advantage in the all-time series and holds a 10-4 lead in Monroe.
Prior to kickoff on Saturday against North Texas, ULM will honor its 12 seniors. The Warhawks will honor the following individuals during the pregame ceremony: Mitch Bailey (RB), Carl Elie (RB), DaCorris Ford (LB), Jonathon Gill (OL), Julian Griffin (WR), Brandon Hardy (S), Brent Leonard (WR), Keavon Milton (TE), Henry Mitchell (S), Khairi Usher (S), Cody Wells (QB) and R.J. Young (LB).
Knocking on the Door
Brent Leonard recorded a career-high 14 receptions at Arkansas State to catapult him from one reception outside the career top-five to sole possession of second place. He trails only Mack Vincent who caught 203 passes during his four year career from 2000-03.
Defense Quick Hits: Arkansas State
At Arkansas State, Cordero Smith led the Warhawk defense with a career high 12 tackles (4 solo, 8 asst). Rob'Donovan Lewis added nine tackles while Ray Stovall finished with seven including a tackle for loss. Henry Mitchell recorded his second career interception and returned it 18 yards as he put an end to a potential scoring drive late in the 2nd quarter.
2017 Camp Dates & Information
2016 Quick Facts
2017 Signing Day Central
2017 Signing Day Roster
Depth Chart (2016 Week 12)
2016 Game Notes
JPS Field at Malone Stadium
Tickets | The Grove
ULM in the NFL Draft