MONROE, La. - ULM (1-1) will play the back end of a two-game homestand on Friday evening as they host Southeastern Louisiana (1-1) at 7:00 p.m. inside Fant-Ewing Coliseum.
• ULM opened its home slate with a 92-52 romp against Louisiana College on Monday evening, the first time that the Warhawks posted 90+ points in a game since defeating Florida Atlantic by a 90-86 margin on Jan. 30, 2013.
• The victory was ULM’s first over the Wildcats since an 85-60 win on Dec. 1, 1992, and helped the Warhawks take a 9-7 lead in the all-time series between the schools.
• Sharnice Brooks continues to be a powerful force inside for the Warhawks, netting a career-high 16 points and nine rebounds against Louisiana College on 7-of-10 shooting in her first career start. The junior is averaging 12 points and 7.5 rebounds per game and has knocked down 11 of her 15 shots, good for a .733 field goal percentage.
• Ashleigh Simmons was also dominant in the paint against the Wildcats, matching the 16 points posted by Brooks and adding seven rebounds of her own. The preseason All-Sun Belt second teamer is shooting 13-of-20 (.650) for the season thus far.
• ULM has been a force to be reckoned with inside, outscoring Louisiana College by a stunning 62-6 margin in the paint and 22-9 on second-chance points. Of ULM’s 139 points, 80 of them have come inside the paint, nearly 60 percent of the total.
• Both Alexar Tugler and Aleesha Coulter put on a show on the boards against the Wildcats, recording seven and five offensive rebounds, respectively. Both totals represent new career-high marks.
• Tyler Holley played a career-high 14 minutes against Louisiana College, going 4-of-5 from the field for eight points while notching a pair of rebounds and a steal.
• Jasmine Shaw got off to a hot start on Monday night, scoring 10 of her 12 points in the first half. The senior also matched a career high with six assists, four of which came in the first half.
• The Warhawks are currently second in the Sun Belt Conference in rebounding margin with a +11 mark. Just five teams in the conference have a positive margin following the first weekend of the season.
• ULM is also setting the pace in the conference by averaging 19.5 assists per game, well ahead of the team’s 12.45 average last season. UALR currently sits in second place with 18.0 per game.
• Thanks to dominant post play by Simmons and Brooks, ULM also leads the conference in offensive rebounds. They are averaging 22.0 per game, once again well ahead of their 2012-13 pace of 13.6. UL-Lafayette (21.0) and Texas State (20.0) trail just behind ULM.
• Monday marked the 94th career game for Jasmine Shaw, who is on track to play in her 100th matchup for ULM against Grand Canyon in the first leg of the 2013 Clarion Warhawk Classic Presented by Cypress Inn on Dec. 13. Alexar Tugler will feature in her 100th contest in the second leg on the very next day.
• Shaw and Tugler are also on track to appear in 121 and 120 career games, respectively, which would place them tied for first and second in school history.
• The matchup against Southeastern Louisiana will be one of just three Friday games that the Warhawks will play this season, with the others coming against Grand Canyon (Dec. 13) and Pittsburgh (Dec. 20).
• The Lady Lions are one of four opponents this season that are current members of the Southland Conference. ULM was a member of the conference from 1982-83 until 2005-06 and will also square off against Central Arkansas, Stephen F. Austin and McNeese State during the 2013-14 season.
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
2015-16 Guide | Archived Guides
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
2016 Sun Belt Championships
Fant-Ewing Coliseum | Tickets
Sixth Man Club