MONROE, La. -- After a week off from competition, the ULM football team will make its way to Mobile, Ala., for its first-ever game at South Alabama. The contest is set to kickoff at 6:06 p.m. and will air on the Sun Belt Network and ESPN3 (subject to blackout on ESPN3).
|Setting the Stage
||ULM (5-5, 3-2 Sun Belt) at South Alabama (3-6, 1-3 Sun Belt)|
||Saturday, November 23, 2013|
|Location||Mobile, Ala. (Ladd-Peebles Stadium)|
|Television||Sun Belt Network (Channel Finder) / ESPN3* (*subj. to blackout)|
|Radio||104.1 FM (Monroe) | KJLO.com|
|Internet||Live Stats | Twitter: @ULM_FB & #TalonsOut|
|Team Info||ULM Gameday Central | South Alabama Football
First and Ten...
• After having the week off for the second time this season, ULM will hit the road for a Sun Belt Conference tilt at South Alabama.
• The Warhawks closed out the 2013 home slate with a 42-14 loss to Arkansas State on Nov. 9... With the loss, ULM finishes the season with a 2-3 home mark... It is just the second time in the last eight seasons that the squad has finished below .500 at home (2011 [2-3]).
• ULM forced a turnover in the first quarter of the home finale against Arkansas State... It is the 24th straight game that the team has forced a turnover, putting ULM fourth-nationally... Missouri leads the way with 40 straight, followed by Stanford (35) and Arizona State (25).
• Prior to the contest against the Red Wolves, head coach Todd Berry and his staff honored its 16 seniors during a pre-game ceremony.
• Against Arkansas State, Rashon Ceaser recorded two touchdown receptions for the first time in his Warhawk career... His 59-yard TD reception on the final play of the first quarter allowed ULM to even the game at 7-7... With eight seconds to play in the first half, his 10-yard TD reception allowed the Warhawks to even the game at 14-14 just before the break.
• Rashon Ceaser went over the 100-yard mark for the second time in his career (and second straight game) as he totaled 118 yards on just five receptions (23.6 ypc)... His 59-yard reception from Kolton Browning was a career-long reception for the sophomore.
• Tre’ Perrier hauled in two catches for the second consecutive game... Against Arkansas State, Perrier tallied 16 yards on two receptions... In the Warhawks’ previous game at Troy (Oct. 31, 2013), the redshirt-freshman made two catches (both touchdowns) for 52 yards (23-yard TD; 29-yard TD)... The receptions at Troy were also the first of his career.
• In the home finale vs. the Red Wolves, Kolton Browning was picked off for the first time since the team’s road tilt at Baylor (Sept. 21, 2013)... Browning did not throw an interception against Tulane, Georgia State or at Troy (missed Western Kentucky and Texas State games due to injury).
• Kolton Browning led all ULM rushers against Arkansas State as he finished with 55 rushing yards on 13 carries... Jyruss Edwards finished with 39 rushing yards, while Centarius Donald added 32... DeVontae McNeal completed the rushing stat line for ULM as he had one rush for 11 yards... As a team, ULM rushed 28 times for 154 yards.
• Hunter Kissinger led the Warhawks with a career-high 13 tackles against Arkansas State... His previous career-best best was seven against Troy (Oct. 31, 2013)... Kissinger also added 1.5 tackles for loss.
• Against Arkansas State, Cody Robinson also set a new career-high with 11 total tackles... His previous mark was six against Tulane (Sept. 28, 2013).
• Gerrand Johnson, against the Red Wolves, tied his career-high with 10 tackles (matched mark of 10 at Western Kentucky, Oct. 20, 2012)... Johnson recorded a game-high 2.5 tackles for loss, just 0.5 tackles for loss shy of his career-best.
• Cordero Smith forced his first career fumble in the home finale against Arkansas State... His forced fumble was recovered by Hunter Kissinger, his second career fumble recovery (other: at Tulane, Sept. 29, 2012).
• Justin Manton averaged 47.4 yards per punt (seven punts, 332 yards), with a long of 53 and four landing inside the Red Wolves’ 20 yard line.
• Cortney Davis and Jyruss Edwards shared duties as the team’s kickoff retuner against Arkansas State... Davis returned four kickoffs for 52 yards (lone of 20), while Edwards had two returns for 43 yards (long of 23).
ULM and South Alabama will meet for the second time when the two squads square off Saturday night at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala... The Warhawks won the first-ever meeting a season ago with a 38-24 win over the Jaguars in Monroe, La. (Oct. 27, 2012).
MONROE, La. (Oct. 27, 2012) -- Brent Leonard caught four touchdown passes, which tied a program record, from Kolton Browning as ULM (6-2, 4-0) defeated South Alabama (2-6, 1-3), 38-24, for a Homecoming victory on Saturday night.
The Warhawks are now bowl eligible for the third time in FBS era and looking for its first bowl bid in program history. ULM extends its winning streak to five-games, matching the third longest in program history. ULM won five in a row from Oct. 16 to Nov. 13 in 1993, their last as a I-AA program. The longest winning streak in ULM’s history was right games fro, Oct. 3 to Nov. 21 in 1992. In addition, it is the first 4-0 start in Sun Belt play ever.
Browning finished 23-for-35 passing for 250 yards, four touchdowns and one interception and also rushed for 41 yards. Leonard finished his career night with nine garbs for 126 yards and four touchdowns. Monterrell Washington led the team in rushing with 59 yards. Gerrand Johnson led the defense with eight total tackles.
USA - 11-yard pass from R. Metheny to J. Jones (M. Chapuseaux XP), 4-72 0:47 USA 7-0
ULM - 3-yard pass from K. Browning to B. Leonard (J. Manton XP), 15-81 6:28 Tied 7-7
USA - 14-yard pass from R. Matheny to J. Jones (M. Chapuseaux XP), 10-86 3:25 USA 14-7
ULM - 15-yard from K. Browning to B. Leonard (J. Manton XP), 6-25 2:46 Tied 14-14
ULM - 16-yard pass from K. Browning to B. Leonard (J, Manton XP) 3-37 0:22 ULM 21-14
USA - Two-yard run by T. Fetner (M. Chapuseaux XP) 13-93 5:30 Tied 21-21
ULM - 32-yard run by M. Bailey (J. Manton XP) 6-50 1:54 ULM 28-21
ULM - 24-yard pass from K. Browning to B. Leonard (J. Manton XP) 2-63 0:22 ULM 35-21
ULM - 35-yard field goal from J. Manton 9-35 4:13 ULM 38-21
USA - 27 yard field goal from M. Chapuseaux 6-54 2:37 ULM 38-24
South Alabama enters Saturday’s contest with a 3-6 overall record and a 1-3 mark in Sun Belt Conference play... The Jaguars have dropped their last three contests (at Texas State, Arkansas State and at Navy) and five of their last six (lone win during stretch -- Kent State).
Ross Metheny is the primary signal caller for the Jaguars and he has tallied 1,977 passing yards on 154 completions with 11 TD passes and six interceptions... He is the team’s leader in rushing TDs (eight) and ranks second on the team in attempts (86) and yards gained (382)... Jay Jones leads the team in rushing with 468 yards on 90 carries... Shavarez Smith leads the club in receiving yards (616) and is tied with Danny Woodson for the lead in TD receptions (four).
Enrique Williams, a Mobile, Ala., native, leads the team with 85 total tackles on the season (34 solo, 51 asst)... Williams is also one of five Jaguars to force a fumble this season... Alex Page is the leader in tackles for loss (11 for 35 yards) and sacks (5.5 for 25 yards).
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
Head Coach Matt Viator | Coaching Staff
Sun Belt Standings | Sun Belt Stats
2016 Quick Facts
2016 Signing Day Central
2016 Signing Day Roster
Depth Chart (2016 Week 12)
2016 Game Notes
JPS Field at Malone Stadium
Tickets | The Grove
ULM in the NFL Draft