MONROE, La. -- After spending the weekend in Arlington, Texas, for a three-game set at UT Arlington, the ULM baseball team returns home for a five-game homestretch as its welcomes Northwestern State to Warhawk Field for a 6 p.m. tilt on Tuesday.
• ULM will begin its final five-game week of the regular season as the Warhawks welcome Northwestern State to Warhawk Field for a 6 p.m. contest on Tuesday evening... The former Southland Conference rivals have met on the baseball diamond 212 times, dating back to ULM’s first season of baseball in 1952... The Warhawks hold a four-game advantage in the series, 108-104 and the two programs will meet again next Tuesday in Natchitoches (6:30 p.m.).
• Following Tuesday’s tilt, the Warhawks will host former Sun Belt Conference foe FIU at 6 p.m. on Wednesday... Last season FIU claimed a 2-1 series win in Miami (Apr. 12-14) and the Golden Panthers lead the all-time series, 13-7.
• ULM will conclude the five-game homestand with a three-game series against Sun Belt Conference newcomer Texas State... The Bobcats own the series lead, 33-28, but it will be the first meeting between the two squads since the 2006 season (Texas State claimed the series, 2-1; Mar. 31 - Apr. 2).
• The Warhawks posted a 1-2 record at UT Arlington over the weekend.
• In game one, the Warhawks had runners at second and third with one out in the ninth but ULM was unable to push any runs across in a 10-8 loss Friday night... In game two, errors proved costly as UTA plated four unearned runs in a 6-1 win... In the finale, the Warhawks rallied twice to tie the game and in extras, ULM plated a pair of runs without having to even swing the bat (bases loaded walk, bases loaded hit-by-pitch) to claim a 7-5 win in 10 innings.
• With the win over UT Arlington in extra innings, the Warhawks are now 3-1 in extra inning contests this season.
• Keelin Rasch posted a .583 batting average in Arlington as the junior first baseman finished 7-of-12 with one homer, three runs scored and one RBI... Rasch finished with a 1.476 OPS as he posted an .833 slugging percentage and a .643 on-base percentage.
• In the opener at UT Arlington, ULM made it back-to-back conference games in which the team hit back-to-back homers and also had a player hit two homers in one game... In the first inning, Dalton Herrington and Keelin Rasch went back-to-back to give ULM a 3-0 lead after the top of the first... In the ninth inning, Herrington hit his second homer of the game as ULM tried to rally late... In the series finale against UALR, Justin Stawychny and Herrington hit back-to-back blasts in the third inning and Stawychny ended the game with a three-run homer down the left field line to give ULM an 11-run lead in the bottom of the seventh (conference rule, travel day).
• Tyler Bray shined on the hill in his three relief appearances last week as he posted a 2-0 record with a 0.00 ERA in eight innings of work... Bray tossed a scoreless eighth at No. 15 Alabama and earned wins against Nicholls State (three scoreless innings) and at UT Arlington (four scoreless innings).
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
2017 Game Notes
2016 Guide | Archived Guides
2017 Quick Facts
2017 Team Hotel Info
2017 Warhawk Field Policies
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
Warhawk Field | Tickets
ULM in the MLB Draft
Recruits | Alumni