MONROE, La. -- ULM took a 3-1 lead after one complete inning, but Northwestern State used a big second inning and held off the Warhawks to claim an 8-6 win at Warhawk Field Tuesday night.
Northwestern State (19-13) plated the first run of the game in the top of the first, but ULM (13-21) answered right back with a trio of runs in the bottom half of the inning.
The Demons responded to the Warhawk rally with four runs of their own in the top of the second to take a 5-3 lead.
The two teams matched each other in the fourth (one run) and sixth (two runs) to conclude the scoring in the non-conference tilt.
Alex Dumaine (1-4) was tagged with the loss after allowing six runs (five earned) on six hits with three walks and five punchouts in four innings. Kodie Tidwell led the Warhawks with two hits and one RBI, while Dalton Herrington and Chet Simoneaux each tallied two RBI.
Evan Tidwell (1-0) earned the win for the Demons and Cort Brinson led the way with two hits and three RBI.
ULM will continue its five-game homestand tomorrow night as it welcomes FIU to Warhawk Field for a 6 p.m. contest.
For updates throughout the season on the ULM baseball team, be sure to follow the squad on twitter @ULM_BSB. Support the Warhawks through participation in the Athletic Foundation, join the ULMAF by calling 318-342-5415. Be sure to cheer on your Warhawks in person; to purchase tickets, please call 318-342-3ULM or visit the athletic ticket homepage.
· ULM falls to 0-1 in the season series vs. Northwestern State… Two teams will conclude season series next Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. in Natchitoches… The Warhawks lead the all-time series, 108-105.
· ULM is now 9-8 in games at Warhawk Field during the 2014 season.
· Justin Stawychny extended his hitting streak to seven games and he has reached base safely in eight straight games.
· NSU 1, ULM 0; Top 1 – Bret Underwood doubled down right field line; Edwin Gomez scored from first.
· ULM 2, NSU 1; Bottom 1 – Dalton Herrington doubled to right center; Kodie Tidwell scored from second, Justin Stawychny scored from first.
· ULM 3, NSU 1; Bottom 1 – Jacob Stockton tripled to center field; Dalton Herrington scored from second.
· ULM 3, NSU 2; Top 2 – C.J. Webster singled up the middle; Nathan Lyons scored from second.
· ULM 3, NSU 3; Top 2 – C.J. Webster scored on a wild pitch.
· NSU 4, ULM 3; Top 2 – Cort Brinson reached on fielder’s choice to short stop; Joel Atkinson scored from third.
· NSU 5, ULM 3; Top 2 – Bret Underwood scored on wild pitch (unearned).
· NSU 6, ULM 3; Top 4 – Caleb Dugas flied out to right field, sacrifice fly; Bret Underwood scored from third.
· NSU 6, ULM 4; Bottom 4 – Ross Moore doubled to right center; Jacob Stockton scored from first.
· NSU 8, ULM 4; Top 6 – Cort Brinson homered to left center; Caleb Dugas scored from first.NSU 8, ULM 6; Bottom 6 – Chet Simoneaux homered to left field; Ross Moore scored from first (unearned).
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
Head Coach Bruce Peddie | Coaching Staff
2017 Game Notes
2016 Guide | Archived Guides
2017 Quick Facts
2017 Team Hotel Info
2017 Warhawk Field Policies
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
Warhawk Field | Tickets
ULM in the MLB Draft
Recruits | Alumni