MONROE, La. -- ULM plated three or more runs in three different innings Wednesday night as the Warhawks claimed a 12-6 win over visiting FIU at Warhawk Field.
ULM (14-21) raced out to a 3-0 lead after the bottom of the first inning and one-third of the way through the game, the Warhawks owned a 6-2 lead.
FIU (24-9) chipped away at the Warhawk lead with three runs in the fifth and a single run in the seventh to close to within just one run at 7-6.
The Warhawks put the game out of reach with five runs in the home half of the eighth. ULM sent 11 batters to the plate in the frame and the Warhawks were able able to force FIU to go three up and three down in the ninth to earn the win.
ULM starter Chris Hunt earned the win in his four-inning short start as he allowed two runs on two hits with two walks and two strikeouts. Tyler Bray closed out the game, tossing two scoreless frames en route to his fourth save of the season.
The Warhawks will return to action as they welcome Texas State to Warhawk Field for a three-game Sun Belt Conference series beginning Friday night at 6 p.m.
For updates throughout the season on the ULM baseball team, be sure to follow the squad on twitter @ULM_BSB. Support the Warhawks through participation in the Athletic Foundation, join the ULMAF by calling 318-342-5415. Be sure to cheer on your Warhawks in person; to purchase tickets, please call 318-342-3ULM or visit the athletic ticket homepage.
· ULM earned its eighth win all-time against FIU (21 meetings)… The contest Wednesday night was the first as non-conference foes… Played from 2007-2013 as Sun Belt Conference foes.
· ULM is now 3-4 in the month of April and 10-8 at Warhawk Field during the 2014 season.
· Josh Faciane set a new career-high with four hits in Wednesday’s win… It was also the first multiple hit game of his career.
· Justin Stawychny is currently riding the longest hitting streak of the season for the squad at eight games… He has also reached base safely in 10 consecutive games.
· Kodie Tidwell tied career highs in RBI (three) and runs scored (two).
· ULM 1, FIU 0; Bottom 1 – Dalton Herrington sacrifice fly to center field; Keelin Rasch scored from third.
· ULM 3, FIU 0; Bottom 1 – Kodie Tidwell singled to right field; Justin Stawychny scored from third, Jacob Stockton scored from second.
· ULM 3, FIU 2; Top 3 – Aramis Garcia doubled down the left field line; J.C. Escarra scored from third, Julius Gaines scored from first.
· ULM 4, FIU 2; Bottom 3 – Dalton Herrington homered to right center field.
· ULM 6, FIU 2; Bottom 3 – Josh Faciane singled through the left side; Kodie Tidwell scored from third, Chet Simoneaux scored from second.
· ULM 6, FIU 3; Top 5 – Aramis Garcia singled to left center; Tyler Hibbert scored from second.
· ULM 6, FIU 4; Top 5 – Josh Anderson singled to center field; Julius Gaines scored from third.
· ULM 6, FIU 5; Top 5 – Edwin Rios doubled to left center; Aramis Garcia scored from third.
· ULM 7, FIU 5; Bottom 5 – Chet Simoneaux scored on a wild pitch.
· ULM 7, FIU 6; Top 7 – Edwin Rios grounded out to second; Aramis Garcia scored from third (unearned).
· ULM 8, FIU 6; Bottom 8 – Kodie Tidwell singled to pitcher, bunt; Dalton Herrington scored from third.
· ULM 10, FIU 6; Bottom 8 – Cody Stone singled through the left side; Vincent Dellocono scored from third, Kodie Tidwell advanced to third and scored on throwing error by left fielder.
· ULM 11, FIU 6; Bottom 8 – Keelin Rasch singled through the left side; Josh Faciane scored from third (unearned).
· ULM 12, FIU 6; Bottom 8 – Justin Stawychny reached on fielder’s choice, Keelin Rasch reached second on throwing error by SS; Cody Stone scored from third (unearned).
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
2017 Game Notes
2016 Guide | Archived Guides
2017 Quick Facts
2017 Team Hotel Info
2017 Warhawk Field Policies
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
Warhawk Field | Tickets
ULM in the MLB Draft
Recruits | Alumni