MONROE, La. -- The ULM baseball team will return to action this weekend as it welcomes Texas State to Warhawk Field for a three-game Sun Belt Conference series as the league enters the mid-point of the conference season.
• ULM will conclude its current five-game homestand with a three-game series against Sun Belt Conference newcomer Texas State... The Bobcats own the series lead, 33-28, but it will be the first meeting between the two squads since the 2006 season (Texas State claimed the series, 2-1; Mar. 31 - Apr. 2).
• During the midweek, the Warhawks posted a 1-1 mark as they fell to Northwestern State (8-6) on Tuesday before powering past FIU (12-6) on Wednesday night.
• Tyler Bray is riding a lengthy streak as the senior reliever has not allowed an earned run in his last seven appearances (14.2 combined innings).
• Against FIU, Josh Faciane set a career-high with four hits and it marked his first-ever multiple hit game... Kodie Tidwell tied career-highs in RBI (three) and runs scored (two).
• Last weekend, the Warhawks posted a 1-2 record at UT Arlington in the first-ever Sun Belt Conference series between the two programs.
• In game one, the Warhawks had runners at second and third with one out in the ninth but ULM was unable to push any runs across in a 10-8 loss Friday night... In game two, errors proved costly as UTA plated four unearned runs in a 6-1 win... In the finale, the Warhawks rallied twice to tie the game and in extras, ULM plated a pair of runs without having to even swing the bat (bases loaded walk, bases loaded hit-by-pitch) to claim a 7-5 win in 10 innings.
• With the win over UT Arlington in extra innings, the Warhawks are now 3-1 in extra inning contests this season.
• Keelin Rasch posted a .583 batting average in Arlington as the junior first baseman finished 7-of-12 with one homer, three runs scored and one RBI... Rasch finished with a 1.476 OPS as he posted an .833 slugging percentage and a .643 on-base percentage.
• In the opener at UT Arlington, ULM made it back-to-back conference games in which the team hit back-to-back homers and also had a player hit two homers in one game... In the first inning, Dalton Herrington and Keelin Rasch went back-to-back to give ULM a 3-0 lead after the top of the first... In the ninth inning, Herrington hit his second homer of the game as ULM tried to rally late... In the series finale against UALR, Justin Stawychny and Herrington hit back-to-back blasts in the third inning and Stawychny ended the game with a three-run homer down the left field line to give ULM an 11-run lead in the bottom of the seventh.
Texas State enters the weekend with an 18-14 overall record and the Bobcats currently sit in third place in the Sun Belt standings at 7-5.
Garrett Mattlage leads regular starters in batting average (.287), hits (35), runs (19) and RBI (26)... Three different Bobcats have tallied three homers this season and as a squad, the team has 11 total.
Texas State’s weekend projected rotation of Austen Williams (Friday), Taylor Black (Saturday) and Lucas Humpal (Sunday) all have ERA’s of 3.67 or lower... The trio has combined for a total of eight wins and six losses and they have struck out 147 strikeouts compared to just 38 walks (3.89:1 strikeout-to-walk ratio).
Following the midweek series vs. ULM, the Bobcats will hit the road for a midweek tilt at UTSA (Tuesday), before entertaining Georgia State next weekend.