MONROE, La. -- Prior to hitting the road for its second straight Sun Belt Conference series, the ULM baseball team will host Grambling State on Wednesday with first pitch scheduled for Noon. The game will air on KMLB 540 AM in Monroe with Nick White on the call.
• After a three-game Sun Belt Conference series at Arkansas State, the Warhawks return home for a non-conference game as it welcomes Grambling State to Warhawk Field on Wednesday for a special 12 p.m. start.
• Following the contest against the Tigers, the Warhawks will hit the road for the second straight weekend as it travels to Mobile, Ala., for a three-game conference series at South Alabama.
• After seven innings on Sunday, ULM lead Arkansas State, 6-3, but the Red Wolves scored seven of the final 10 runs to claim a 10-9 victory in the series finale.
• Josh Faciane was 2-for-4 with two RBI and one run in the finale, while Dalton Herrington scored two runs and tallied one RBI.
• ULM lost each of the first two games in Jonesboro by four runs (L, 4-8, Friday; L, 7-11, Saturday).
• In Saturday’s game, Cody Stone recorded his first career homer with a three-run blast to right in the top of the ninth inning... Stone finished with career-highs in hits (two) and RBI (three).
• Chet Simoneaux led the Warhawks at the plate in Natchitoches, La., as he tallied two hits in his three at-bats... Dalton Herrington drove in Anthony Herrera in the first inning as Herrington continues to lead the club in RBI.
• Kodie Tidwell earned a trio of honors for the week of Apr. 7-13... He earned Sun Belt Conference Player of the Week honors as well as the Louisiana Hitter of the Week and Warhawk of the Week accolades after posting a batting average of .550 (11-for-20) with six RBI and four runs... He also earned four free passes on the week (three walks, one hit-by-pitch) and he posted 1.275 OPS (.650 Slugging %, .625 On-Base %).
• In their most recent home weekend, the Warhawks picked up a 2-1 series win over Texas State by winning the final two games of the series.
• Justin Stawychny came through with what proved to be the game-winning hit with a two-RBI single through the left side in the bottom of the sixth... Anthony Herrera and Kodie Tidwell came in to score and give the Warhawks a 7-6 lead after six innings.
• Anthony Herrera and Ross Moore each tallied two hits in the series finale and the duo combined for three RBI and three runs.
• On Apr. 12, the Warhawks outlasted the Bobcats in a game that featured 29 total runs (17 earned) on 32 total hits... ULM evened the series with the 17-12 win.