MONROE, La. – Kodie Tidwell belted his first homer of the season to give ULM a walkoff win Wednesday afternoon at Warhawk Field.
Grambling State (12-27) plated the first runs of the game with a pair of runs (one earned, one unearned) in the top of the first inning. That would be all the runs the Tigers would score on Wednesday.
ULM (17-26) finally broke through with a pair of runs in the home half of the seventh inning. With the bases loaded, Tidwell tied the game with a two-RBI single up the middle as Dalton Todd and Josh Faciane came in to score.
The Warhawks ended the game in the bottom of the ninth as Tidwell’s bomb to right lifted ULM to the one-run victory.
Tyler Bray (5-3) earned the win as he tossed a scoreless ninth and tallied two strikeouts.
Grambling State reliever Brock Baker (1-4) was tagged with the loss.
Tidwell reached base safely four times (two hits, two walks) and tallied three RBI and scored the game-winning run. Todd, playing in his first game since March 18 at Southern Miss, recorded two hits and one run.
For updates throughout the season on the ULM baseball team, be sure to follow the squad on twitter @ULM_BSB. Support the Warhawks through participation in the Athletic Foundation, join the ULMAF by calling 318-342-5415. Be sure to cheer on your Warhawks in person; to purchase tickets, please call 318-342-3ULM or visit the athletic ticket homepage.
· Kodie Tidwell hit his first homer of the season in the bottom of the ninth inning.
· ULM used a total of nine pitchers in the non-conference tilt against Grambling State.
· ULM has defeated Grambling in two consecutive games, both at Warhawk Field and both by margins of 3-2… ULM now leads the all-time series, 44-14
· GSU 1, ULM 0 – Top 1: Yariel Medina singled to right field; Edwin Drexler scored from third (unearned).
· GSU 2, ULM 0 – Top 1: Korey Hall singled up the middle; Juan Bueno scored from third.
· ULM 2, GSU 2 – Bottom 7: Kodie Tidwell singled up the middle; Dalton Todd scored from third, Josh Faciane scored from second
· ULM 3, GSU 2 – Bottom 9: Kodie Tidwell homered to right field.