MONROE, La. -- ULM plated atleast one run in every inning Sunday as the club ended the home slate with an 11-1 win over visiting Georgia State at Warhawk Field.
Senior starter Alex Dumaine shined as he surrendered just one run on five hits with three walks in five innings of work. Dumaine improved to 3-4 on the season as he earned wins in the final two games of the series. Chris Hunt tossed two scoreless frames to close out Sunday’s contest.
ULM jumped on the Panthers early as Keelin Rasch delivered a two-run homer to left center to put the Warhawks in front, 2-0, as his homer also plated Kodie Tidwell.
ULM doubled its lead in the home half of the second inning as Trent Lucas delivered a sacrifice fly to center to drive in Chet Simoneaux. Jacob Stockton swiped home on a successful double steal later in the frame to put ULM ahead, 4-0.
The Warhawks added two unearned runs in the third to push the lead to 6-0 before Georgia State scored their first run of the game in the top of the fourth. ULM responded with two more runs in the fourth and the squad added a single run in the fifth and sixth to increase its lead to 10-1.
After keeping the Panthers off of the scoreboard in the top of the seventh, senior Trent Lucas ended the game with a leadoff homer in the bottom of the seventh. Lucas’ first homer of the season put ULM ahead by 10 runs at 11-1 and per conference travel day rules the game came to a close.
Simoneaux highlighted the Warhawk effort at the plate as he finished a perfect 4-for-4 with two RBI and one run. Meanwhile, Rasch finished with three hits, three runs and two RBI, while Tidwell added two hits and two runs.
The Warhawks will conclude the 2014 regular season with a three-game series at rival UL-Lafayette. The series will begin Thursday night at 6 p.m., followed by contests on Friday (6 p.m.) and Saturday (3 p.m.).
For updates throughout the season on the ULM baseball team, be sure to follow the squad on twitter @ULM_BSB. Support the Warhawks through participation in the Athletic Foundation, join the ULMAF by calling 318-342-5415. Be sure to cheer on your Warhawks in person; to purchase tickets, please call 318-342-3ULM or visit the athletic ticket homepage.
· Trent Lucas tallied his first extra-base hit of the season with a solo homer in the bottom of the seventh.
· ULM posted 15 hits in the game and four different players recorded multi-hit performances.
· ULM honored its 10 departing seniors with a pregame ceremony.
· ULM 2, GSU 0 – Bottom 1: Keelin Rasch homered to left center; Kodie Tidwell scored from first.
· ULM 3, GSU 0 – Bottom 2: Trent Lucas flied out to center field, sacrifice fly; Chet Simoneaux scored from third.
· ULM 4, GSU 0 – Bottom 2: Jeff Fuller stole second; Jacob Stockton stole home.
· ULM 5, GSU 0 – Bottom 3: Justin Stawychny singled through the right side; Keelin Rasch scored from third.
· ULM 6, GSU 0 – Bottom 3: Ross Moore doubled down the left field line; Justin Stawychny scored from first.
· ULM 6, GSU 1 – Top 4: Nic Wilson grounded into a double play; Chris Triplett scored from third.
· ULM 7, GSU 1 – Bottom 4: Dalton Herrington reached on a fielder’s choice at second base; Kodie Tidwell scored from third (unearned).
· ULM 8, GSU 1 – Bottom 4: Dalton Herrington stole second, reached third on throwing error by pitcher and scored on the error (unearned).
· ULM 9, GSU 1 – Bottom 5: Jeff Fuller singled to left field; Chet Simoneaux scored from second.
· ULM 10, GSU 1 – Bottom 6: Chet Simoneaux singled up the middle; Keelin Rasch scored from second.
· ULM 11, GSU 1 – Bottom 7: Trent Lucas homered to left field.
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
2017 Game Notes
2016 Guide | Archived Guides
2017 Quick Facts
2017 Team Hotel Info
2017 Warhawk Field Policies
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
Warhawk Field | Tickets
ULM in the MLB Draft
Recruits | Alumni