MONROE, La. -- ULM used a four-run sixth inning to take a 7-6 lead and the Warhawks won by that same score en route to the series win over Texas State on Sunday afternoon.
After two scoreless frames, Texas State broke through first as the visiting Bobcats scored two in the third and one in the fourth to take a 3-0 lead. ULM answered right back in the home half of the fourth with three unearned runs to even the contest at 3-3.
The Bobcats answered right back with three runs over their own in the top half of the fourth inning to regain the lead at 6-3. However those would be the final runs that the Bobcats would not score again as the Warhawks held them of the scoreboard during the final four innings.
ULM used a big sixth inning to take its first lead of the game, one that it didn’t relinquish. The Warhawks plated four runs in the frame to move ahead, 7-6 after six complete.
Josh Leone (3-3) earned the win in relief as he tossed two scoreless frames allowing just one hit and one walk with one punchout. Tyler Bray closed out the game with a perfect ninth inning with one strikeout.
Texas State starter Lucas Humpal was tagged with the loss and falls to 2-3 overall after allowing seven runs (four earned) on eight hits with two walks and four strikeouts in 5.2 innings of work.
Anthony Herrera and Ross Moore led the Warhawks at the plate as the duo combined for four hits, three RBI and three runs in the win.
The Warhawks will hit the road for their next four games beginning with a 6:30 p.m. contest at Northwestern State Tuesday night. After the non-conference tilt, ULM will head to Jonesboro, Ark., for a three-game series at Arkansas State beginning Friday night.
For updates throughout the season on the ULM baseball team, be sure to follow the squad on twitter @ULM_BSB. Support the Warhawks through participation in the Athletic Foundation, join the ULMAF by calling 318-342-5415. Be sure to cheer on your Warhawks in person; to purchase tickets, please call 318-342-3ULM or visit the athletic ticket homepage.
· ULM earned its fourth home series of the win with the 2-1 series win over Texas State.
· ULM is now 5-1 in Sun Belt Conference games (over it's last 6 six games) at Warhawk Field.
· ULM moved to within one game of .500 in the conference as the squad sits at 7-8 in league play at the midpoint of the season.
· Texas State 1, ULM 0 – Top 3; Colby Targun singled up the middle; Tanner Hill scored from second.
· Texas State 2, ULM 0 – Top 3; Garrett Mattlage doubled to left center; Colby Targun scored from first.
· Texas State 3, ULM 0 – Top 4; Tanner Hill fouled out to left field, sacrifice fly; Ben McElroy scored from third (unearned).
· Texas State 3, ULM 1 – Bottom 4; Ross Moore singled to left center; Justin Stawychny scored from third (unearned).
· Texas State 3, ULM 2 – Bottom 4; Jeff Fuller reached on a throwing error by shortstop; Dalton Herrington scored from third (unearned).
· ULM 3, Texas State 3 – Bottom 4; Anthony Herrera singled to second base; Ross Moore scored for third (unearned).
· Texas State 4, ULM 3 – Top 5; Granger Studdard singled to center field; Matt Smith scored from third (unearned).
· Texas State 5, ULM 3 – Top 5; Ben McElroy grounded out to short stop; Garrett Mattlage scored from third (unearned).
· Texas State 6, ULM 3 – Top 5; Cory Geisler singled through the left side; Granger Studdard scored from second (unearned).
· Texas State 6, ULM 4 – Bottom 6; Anthony Herrera singled up the middle; Ross Moore scored from third.
· Texas State 6, ULM 5 – Bottom 6; Jacob Stockton walked; Chet Simoneaux scored from third.
· ULM 7, Texas State 6 – Bottom 6; Justin Stawychny singled through the left side; Anthony Herrera scored from third, Kodie Tidwell scored from second.
Latest News | News Archive
Schedule / Scores
Head Coach Bruce Peddie | Coaching Staff
2016 Game Notes
2016 Guide | Archived Guides
2016 Quick Facts
2017 Team Hotel Info
2016 Warhawk Field Policies
Sun Belt Standings | Stats
Warhawk Field | Tickets
ULM in the MLB Draft
Recruits | Alumni